The Championship leader sits over a tenth clear of his compatriot in Moto2™ FP1
Augusto Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) beat compatriot Aron Canet (Flexbox HP40) by 0.132s in Moto2™ FP1 at the Gran Premio Animoca Brands de Aragón after the Spaniard set a 1:52.925 on his final flying lap of the session. San Marino GP winner Alonso Lopez (CAG Speed Up) made it a Spanish 1-2-3 at the beginning of the weekend, he was 0.321s off Fernandez’s pace.
Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo) and Fermin Aldeguer (CAG Speed Up) joined their teammates inside the top five, with Jake Dixon (Shimoko GASGAS Aspar Team) acting as the leading non-Spanish rider in P6 heading into FP2 this afternoon – tune into that at 15:10 local time (GMT+2).
1. Augusto Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Ajo) – 1:52.925
2. Aron Canet (Flexbox HP40) + 0.132
3. Alonso Lopez (CAG Speed Up) + 0.321
4. Pedro Acosta (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.356
5. Fermín Aldeguer (CAG Speed Up) + 0.474
6. Jake Dixon (Shimoko GASGAS Aspar Team) + 0.502
7. Tony Arbolino (Elf Marc VDS Racing Team) + 0.613
8. Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) + 0.674
9. Jorge Navarro (Flexbox HP40) + 0.740
10. Cameron Beaubier (American Racing) + 0.896