Our guest for Episode 15 of the Rider Magazine Insider Podcast is Longhaulpaul (Paul Pelland), a long-distance motorcyclist who is Chasing the Cure: riding one million miles to raise money and awareness for multiple sclerosis (MS). Paul is a two-time Iron Butt Rally finisher (2001 and 2003). In 2005 he was diagnosed with MS, and in 2012 he began his mission to document riding one million miles. In the past eight years he has ridden 450,000 miles, raised $200,000 for charity, set three world records, and shared his story at over 250 events across the U.S. In July he will embark on his Nut on a Bolt ride: riding coast to coast in 50 hours on a custom Yamaha Star Bolt chopper. You can meet Longhaulpaul at all nine Progressive IMS Outdoors events in 2021. You can follow, donate, or support him via his website.
You can listen to Episode 15 on Spotify, SoundCloud, and iTunes, or via the Rider Magazine Insider webpage. Please subscribe, leave us a 5-star rating, and tell your friends!
Check out previous episodes:
- Ep. 14: Andy Goldfine, Aerostich founder and Ride to Work Day advocate
- Ep. 13: Dr. Gregory W. Frazier, America’s #1 extreme motorcycle adventurer
- Ep. 12: Daniel Calderon, Curator of Exhibitions at SFO Museum
- Ep. 11: Peter Jones, Rider columnist and author of The Bad Editor
- Ep. 10: Christian Dutcher, Director of Americade and Touratech DirtDaze Rally
- Ep. 09: Melissa Holbrook Pierson, author of The Perfect Vehicle
- Ep. 08: Rainer Buck, CEO of Edelweiss Bike Travel
- Ep. 07: Michael Lock, CEO of AMA Pro Racing
- Ep. 06: Alonzo Bodden, motorcycle enthusiast and comedian
- Ep. 05: Paul D’Orleans, publisher of The Vintagent
- Ep. 04: Eric Trow, Rider columnist and owner, Stayin’ Safe Advanced Riding Training
- Ep. 03: Clement Salvadori, traveling motorcyclist and Rider contributor
- Ep. 02: Kevin Wing, world-class motorcycle photographer and Rider contributor
- Ep. 01: Robert Pandya and Discover the Ride at the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows
The post Longhaulpaul: Ep. 15 of the Rider Magazine Insider Podcast first appeared on Rider Magazine.