Lowes leads Moto2™ Warm Up times in Aragon
EG 0,0 Marc VDS rider will start from pole this afternoon as Navarro and Dixon complete the top three on Sunday morning
Moto2™ Gran Premio Michelin® de Aragon polesitter Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) topped morning Warm Up with a 1:52.687, enough to edge out Jorge Navarro (MB Conveyors Speed Up) by 0.047. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) completed the top three as the intermediate class got their final preparations for the race done.
Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) will start P2 on the grid and showed good pace in Warm Up to finish P4, with Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP 40) rounding out the top five.
Front row starter Fabio Di Giannantonio (MB Conveyors Speed Up) crashed unhurt at Turn 2 late in the session, with Somkiat Chantra (Idemitsu Honda Team Asia) crashing at the same place soon after – rider ok. Lorenzo Dalla Porta (Italtrans Racing Team) was another who went down at the end of the session, Turn 13 catching the reigning Moto3™ World Champion out – rider ok.
Tune in for the intermediate class race at 13:20 local time (GMT+2)!
1. Sam Lowes (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) – 1:52.687
2. Jorge Navarro (MB Conveyors Speed Up) + 0.047
3. Jake Dixon (Petronas Sprinta Racing) + 0.159
4. Marco Bezzecchi (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.326
5. Hector Garzo (Flexbox HP 40) + 0.393
6. Luca Marini (SKY Racing Team VR46) + 0.601
7. Simone Corsi (MV Agusta Forward Racing) + 0.605
8. Jorge Martin (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.611
9. Fabio Di Giannantonio (MB Conveyors Speed Up) + 0.636
10. Stefano Manzi (MV Agusta Forward Racing) + 0.754